Twiske (“Onderwaterpark Twiske”) is a diving area located in the lake of De Stootersplas, north of Amsterdam. With a maximum depth of 30m, there are plenty of things to see. This is also the location where police forensic divers train.
- De Noorderlaaik 8, 1511 BX Oostzaan, Netherlands
- Find it on Google Maps: Onderwaterpark Twiske.
- Down Under is the nearest dive shop – 15mins drive from the dive location offering gas fills. Note: they are only open 5-days per week.
- Plenty of parking (billed per hour).
- Paviljoen Twiske offers food and drinks. You can also get your log book stamped here.
- Limited toilet facilities, and no benches to set up on.
What can I see?
- There are several chained “circuit loops” that take you around the various wrecks and sites. A map is available at the entrance to the water.
- Our favorite is the container maze – multiple shipping containers connected across two levels that are often packed with schools of fish.
- Underwater visibility is best during winter (up to 6m), but temperatures can reach as low as 5c in Dec/Jan.
- Water temperature during summer can reach 16c.
- Drysuits recommended!
Good to know
- Significantly less busy than other dive locations in the Netherlands like Eiland 4, but the area is still popular amongst dog walkers
- Take a changing mat with you – it can get a bit muddy from the rain.